Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What if we all ended up in the same place?


Wouldn’t it be cool? Well there are strange things happening in Manchester. I moved in on Sunday and there was this Brazilian guy here called Fernando. We just said hi a couple of times, but yesterday we got to talk for the first time. He told me: “Hmm, you look familiar”. “Well we both work at Shell” I replied. “Have you been in Dublin, Ireland before?” He asked. “Sure have, I worked for a company called ClientLogic”. Then he laughed and yelled “Me too!” At that point I almost fell down, I swear. And it gets better. It turns out he lived in Carlton Court, the same as me! We both end up in the same little house in some unknown road in Manchester, come on! What are the odds?

My heart suffered a blow today. I wrote something in yesterday’s blog that feels natural for me, but it made Kei worried. In Ireland I lived with two girls, and yesterday I was thinking about moving in with this Norwegian girl and a French guy. It didn’t even occur to me that it is unheard of in Indonesia. Kei got worried, and then I got worried. She said it was ok, but I had to call her. I cried a little and we laughed a bit. If losing her feels just a little bit worse than I felt at the moment that I realized I could lose her, then it is indescribable pain. She told me it was ok, but I can’t make her worried. It pains me too much. This girl is so special to me and I just can’t risk losing her for any reason. So I am going to find a place on my own here in Manchester, and it will be a bit more expensive, but I don’t care. It’s for love, and it’s worth doing. I love you Kei, and I didn’t mean to scare you. As you will learn to know, I am a faithful guy. It’s just hard with a LDR, but we will make it. There’s nothing like having a near death experience, to truly appreciate what you have.

No comments: