Thursday, May 10, 2007

“You make me want to be a better man.”


Today I got another phone call from Manchester. This time from the umbrella company I chose. I do still not understand this 100%, but I guess I will in time. Also, Rolf, the house owner contacted me and I can rent a room in his house. 70 pounds a week for the small room and 80 pounds a week for the big room, ell expenses included. There lives a Brazilian in the house at the moment. Rolf will sell the house in a couple of months, so I have to find something else.

What he said about the company is amazing. They really take care of you there. The training is really excellent with great tools, and they sometimes send you to courses worldwide. He was sent to Russia, Iceland, Japan and Norway among others. He said that there is a lot to learn and it’s extremely challenging. How well I do is completely up to myself as they are very result based. That suits me fine, since it was the same deal in Ireland. He told me that maybe after a year you will get the hang of things, so it is really a challenge. I love it!

In the meantime I spend the days talking to Kei a lot. She will be leaving for Thailand at the time I will be leaving for England. I just hope our phones work in these countries. I have never met someone like her. It’s like in that movie “As Good As It Gets”. There is a scene there with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt where he says: “You make me want to be a better man.” I feel a little like that, not that I am anything like the character Jack played. I am a good person, I know that, but I want to be even better.

PS! About the pic. I took it this morning as part of me and Kei’s project (Read previous blog). I look so tired here, haha.

No comments: