Monday, May 21, 2007

Mondays aren’t so bad…


I thought the weekend was great, and after a great weekend, you kind of look back instead of forward when Monday comes. It turns out, the weekend was just a little teaser of what was to come. Today was a really great day for so many reasons. I got up at 4am, texted Kei that I was awake in hope that she was awake too (We kind of talked into the night yesterday). Moments later she was there on Messenger. I was a bit concerned, because after last night I wondered if she felt better. Luckily she did.

As we were talking, she got a phone call from the florist saying that they had a delivery for her. Hehe, little did she know that last week I had ordered a big flower bouquet for her to be delivered today when she was back from her vacation (The flowers in the pic). She was so happy, and that just said it all. It wasn’t the flowers itself, but that it was from me. What a great start to a great day!

We talked from 4am to about 6.45 when I had to get to work. I kept texting her during the day, and the best was yet to come. You remember how I thought the workplace was a good place to be? It’s phenomenal now because they allow personal calls, even during work hours if it isn’t too busy. So a little after 4pm I called her up from my work phone. We talked, we laughed, we cried (happy tears) and we even sang to each other. I must have been looking like a real idiot since my workmates were still there around me, but it didn’t matter. We were so focused on each other that I didn’t pay attention to the time or that everyone left at some point. We talked for almost 2 hours…

The time flies when you are having fun. I was home at about 6.30pm. It’s been a long day, but it’s been quality all the way. It will probably be long days from now on since I plan to call Kei a lot more from now on. Can Tuesday top this? If it does, I’ll change my middle name to Tuesday :P.

No comments: