Sunday, May 20, 2007

Smashing success


Yesterday morning I got to go the center of Manchester and look around a bit. I was surprised how small everything was. It’s funny how my perception of big/small has changed. I grew up and spent most of my life in a place with about 2000 people. Back then, even my closest city Tromsø with about 40000 people seemed massive. So I went out in the world, Dublin, Shanghai, Beijing and Oslo. I’m happy to have experience with all sorts of places.

From Manchester I bought myself a British sim-card and an international call card so I can call Kei cheaply. Then I took a train to Stoke where Katy picked me up for the barbecue party. After the party officially started, it was fun all the way. We started off by playing some Nintendo Wii. It was so much fun! I had never played on a Wii before. We played the Wii Sports game and I got creamed in boxing and tennis, and my arms hurt a bit today. Definitively have to think about getting a Wii.

After that we went out in the garden, had a wonderful barbecue. The sausages were burnt to coal, but they tasted ok. We also had cool furnace outside and we burnt pieces of fence. Poor Phil got most of the paint fumes; I just got most of the smoke. All in all a smashing success I would say. I Met some wonderful people who I will definitively meet again.

Wow, long distance relationships are really hard. I know someone who was in a 3 year ldr, and they are now married. We have to learn from these people. The worst thing is thinking it’s not real; we can’t touch or have a proper conversation. We just have to believe and trust each other. I know that nothing is certain in this world, but I know that I will not give up on something I really want. When I want it I go for it, and I’m determined to get it.

No comments: