Saturday, May 12, 2007

My last day in Norway


So this is it, goodbye snow, goodbye brown cheese, goodbye ridiculously expensive food and stuff, goodbye lutefisk (will definitively not miss you), goodbye king and queen. The weather is nice today so I took a picture showing the Norwegian scenery in the background. Beautiful is it. Will miss that.

Ah, but I am not sad, rather excited. When I woke up today I was worried, but a few words with my good friend Rina fixed me up. If she was my therapist, she would be a rich woman for sure. Also I feel a bit sick, some would say lovesick. Miss Kei a lot and I know I can’t chat with her for about a week. I missed her voice so I called her last night. Her laugh is so wonderful, the best sound in the world.

At this time tomorrow I will be in my new place in Manchester. I wish I knew how the internet situation is, not that I am addicted or anything (yeah right…). Why do I never bother to check these end-of-the-world-important things? Just lazy I guess. So the same deal applies as when I went to China. I don’t know when I will be online again and I hope it will be sooner than later. Have to keep writing and have to keep taking pictures. Mind you, I don’t need internet for that but still.

Yes, Monday will be exciting, my first day at my new job. I’ve been told the dress code is casual but smart at Shell, which is good, because that’s how I usually dress. What it really means is no sweat pants, baggy pants or clothes with holes in them. The first two weeks will be mainly training, and that’s cool. It’s great that they take time to train their employees. I mean I know how to do the job, the technical side, but I need to learn their routines and regulations.

So see you when I see you!

No comments: