Sunday, May 6, 2007

The final party


Yesterday, I attended my birthday party. The mood was unmistakable a happy one, but at the back of my head I realized that this is the last night out with “the gang”. In a few days I will move to England, and meet new friends and have new parties. I guess that’s the way it goes, at least for me.

I brought a Chinese girl, a Swiss girl and a Japanese guy to the party to make it an international one. I haven’t laughed so much in a long while. It was especially fun to go out with one of my best friends growing up. I really have missed that. It’s funny how we still have these inside jokes that works every time.

We went to this hip place called “The Tea Lounge”. I had never been there before, and I met a lot of new people. The music was kind of old-school 80s, and the atmosphere was great! I had a few beers, a mojito and a smoothie. There was even cake, made by the Swiss girl.

We all got safely home, and I’m happy to report that only a minor hangover is troubling me today. Oh, and I got this great gift my Chinese friend. A calligraphy pen with no need for an ink refill and she made this wonderful card with a picture of her. On the back it said: Dear Jørn, if the bounds between heaven and earth are broke. Prayer is not enough. Only a story can mend it. Keep going your writer’s dream!

No comments: