Thursday, May 3, 2007

2146 unread messages

I have a confession to make. I love RSS. I am addicted to it really. I want to know what’s happening in the world and if I miss something, I don’t know what would happen. If you don’t know what RSS is you should check it out. Every major newspaper and sites have RSS-feeds, even your own Yahoo 360 blog. The advantages by using RSS is that whenever a site get’s updated, you will know it immediately. I use a program called Snarfer which is free and does the job great.

Right now I subscribe to Digg, Fark, AskShane, Blogbash, Converstations, Copyblogger, Dailyblogtips, Northxeast, Problogger, Selfmademinds, Comingsoon, Ain’t it cool news, Buzzfeed, Cinematical, KVR news, Apple movie trailers, Mashable, PSP updates, Scorereviews, Soundtracknet, Thefutoncritic, Trektoday, TV Squad, Wayodd, Dumb little man, Lifehacker, Zen Habits + a lot of Norwegian newspapers and sites.

The thing about RSS though, is that you can’t be lazy about it. If you are, like I am, then you get the situation as titled in my topic. Right now I have 2155 unread messages which means it increases as I write this. The good thing about having so much unread messages is that whenever I am bored I can just go into Snarfer and check out a lot of stuff I haven’t read before.

So who here uses RSS and why?

No comments: