Sunday, May 13, 2007

My new place


Yeay, I have internet in my new place!

I arrived in Manchester today at 10.30 UK time, took a taxi from the airport to my new place. It’s a nice old English house. Doesn’t look like much from the outside, but inside is where the action is. I would take a pic from outside the house if it wasn’t raining so much, that’s right, raining. Now I was told by reliable sources that it “never” rains in Manchester. Pfff.

Anyway can’t let that get me down. Pretty excited about tomorrow, my new workday. Who will I meet, what will I do, Will I make it there in time? All will be revealed!

Kei called me from Thailand yesterday. I didn’t expect that at all. She never stops surprising me! Unfortunately the text messaging system doesn’t work, so we can’t send messages to each other with really sucks.

I felt a bit sad once I got here realizing I had no friends here, but then something happened. Katy, my Facebook friend sent me a text message to wish me welcome. She will call me today or tomorrow and we will figure out something to do.

So that’s my first day here. I’m extremely tired so I will go to sleep early tonight. My workday starts at 7.30 so I have to take the bus 6.30 or 7.00.

No comments: