Sunday, June 10, 2007

Southport


Yesterday I went traveling to the west coast of England to a place called Southport. I just wanted to smell the sea again and I heard nice things about the beaches there. I went to the train station and took a train there. The travel time was about 1h30m. I think it's romantic, the whole traveling by train thing. I want to take Kei traveling with me all over the UK.

Southport the city was actually really nice. It was great to just walk on the promenade and just look into the windows of all those shops. Bought a couple of souvenirs as well. I thought the beach was far away from the city centre, so I took a taxi there. Turns out it was just a couple of minutes away, oh well. It was a beautiful sunny day and the beach there was huge. I could hardly see the sea from the beginning of the beach. Unfortunately the beach wasn't very nice. It wasn't really sand, more mud. Still I didn't come there to relax on the beach so I went walking out to the sea. I loved to smell the sea again. Most of my life I've lived near the sea.

More positive things are happening now. It's like whenever there might be a crisis happening, something good always happen to fix it. I was a bit worried a few days ago because my money was running really low. I calculated I could live about a week before I had to live on the streets. It has to be karma. First the money from my Irish bank account finally found it's way to my Norwegian bank account and then on Friday I got my first pay slip. Yeah… things are really sweet in all areas of my life right now.

No comments: