Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Workout


So how have you all been? I've been very good, but I haven't been writing much recently. I've been sleeping a lot though.

Yesterday I was in the gym for the first time for 8 years. Imagine that! 8 years is a long time. I was in Aalesund at the time working as a graphics designer. I remember I wanted to commit to a training regime, so I paid for a whole year in advance. I went there with great enthusiasm and did a proper workout. The next day I could barely lift my arms and taking on my jacket almost killed me. I never went back to the gym. I'm hoping this time will be different though. The gym is basically for people working at Shell Oil, so it's a private gym. It is very cheap too, so it won't cost me the world like that gym 8 years ago. They have a lot of equipment and 3 rooms including a great hall for team activities.

I thought I was in pretty bad shape, but I was mistaken. Yesterday I started the workout by bicycling for 15 minutes before doing 10 minutes on the cross trainer. Then I did some leg exercises before I ran 1 English mile on the treadmill. To be honest with you, I thought I could last maybe 2 minutes running, but I could have run even more than I did. I was really impressed with myself. How did I feel after the workout? Dizzy, but great. I was really lightheaded actually, but I haven't exercised in 8 years so that is to be expected. It's a little after 5am now and I just woke up. There is no pain at all. Today I am going back there, but I'm giving my legs a rest and will work on my arms and tummy. Can't wait!

So anyone looking forward to the last Harry Potter book? I have only read the first 3 myself and watched the 4 movies. Still haven't seen the latest one, but I will. I am not a big fan, but it's a highly enjoyable series. What will J.K. Rowling do next? I mean, she is Harry Potter through and through. She has hinted that maybe book 7 isn't the end, but I kind of hope it is. I want to see what she does next. I really love her writing style which is great for both kids and adults. How do you best Harry Potter though? She will have a lot of pressure to write something great. Everyone will be looking her way. If I should ever become an author, I hope to build a readership gradually by getting better and better instead of writing my masterpiece in the beginning. Not that my first book will suck or anything ;).

No comments: